acroprint TIMEQPLUS PROX proximity time clockView on Amazon
Price, rank, and reviews updated 09/22/2020
Acroprint's TimeQplus proximity is a popular proximity badge time clock system.
The system combines their successful TimeQplus network software (PC only) with an Acroprint TQ600P proximity terminal.
We find using proximity badge systems a great way to collect punches. They don't require personal biometric information, they are fast and easy to use, and they don't require a PIN number.
It works by first assigning a badge number to each employee. The RFID reader in the clock reads that number as the badge is waved in front of the device to clock them in.
What comes in the package?
- (1) TQ600P proximity terminal
- (1) TimeQplus Network software license for 50 employees (Upgradable) (PC only)
- (15) Proximity Badges
- (1) User manual
- AC power supply
- Mounting hardware
- Free 30 days support
- 2-year warranty
Who is it best for?
Companies wanting a reliable, proximity time clock system, but without the monthly fees. Best used in an office environment, or anywhere without extreme temperatures or dampness.
How do employees clock in?
Employees wave their RFID badge in front of the clock. About an inch or two. When the punch is successful, it plays an audio confirmation.
How does it help prepare payroll?
The TimeQplus PC software will summarize all employee hours. It will also lets you export data formatted for several payroll types such as QuickBooks, ADP, and PayChex.
What are the features?
- Tracks work codes for job costing
- Two classes of overtime plus 7th day overtime.
- Weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly or monthly pay periods.
- Up to 12 shifts or work groups, each with their own start/stop times and configurable shift rules.
- Three user permission levels for enhanced security: administrator, supervisor and employee.
- Software interface and terminals configurable in your choice of English, Spanish or French.
- Displays hours worked and in/out status on terminal when employee clocks in or out.
- Calculates, displays and prints a range of reports to help you proactively manage labor costs.
- Average Hours Worked report supports ACA reporting requirements.
- Includes an electronic In/Out board.
- Supervisors can easily review, edit and approve time for their assigned employees at the PC.
What do they charge for support?
Acroprint offers free 30-day support for new TimeQplus software purchases. However after 30 days, they will charge you. Just so there are no surprises, here are the two options Acroprint gives for TQ600P support. We always recommend purchasing the support agreement, unless you are confident you don't need it.
- $75.00 per incident per ½ hour
- $169.00/year annual support. Includes unlimited support, and free upgrades
Unboxing TimeQplus proximity
The Acroprint TimeQplus proximity is a good choice if you want a proximity time clock with no monthly fees. It includes a good quality terminal, with proven PC software with free 30-day support.
Best used for clean, dry locations.
- RFID Proximity terminal. Fast, easy, and secure
- No monthly payments for software
- Proven software that covers most situations
- Requires special networking for multiple locations
- High support charges