icon time TOTALPASS B600 fingerprint time clock
Price, rank, and reviews updated 03/31/2020
The Icon Time TotalPass B600 is complete fingerprint time clock system.
Unlike most typical time clock systems that connect a terminal to software. The TotalPass system has web-based software pre-installed. A very unique combination.
Because of that, there is no need to install software your PC or Mac. All you need is a browser to connect to the TotalPass B600 within your local network. No monthly fees either.
The B600 works by offering biometric fingerprint technology. Making it easy for employees to clock in, and prevent buddy punching.
Is it legal?
Yes, but like all biometric systems we highly recommend you get employee consent before using the system. Have each of them sign a consent form that explains the process. Please consult with an attorney if there are any regulations in your state.
What comes in the package?
- TotalPass B600 Time Clock
- 100 Employee Capacity (upgradable to 500)
- 15 Web Punch Licenses for mobile punching
- Quick Start Guide
- 15 ft. Ethernet Cable
- Locking Mounting Plate with 2 Keys
- 15 ft. USB Cable
- Power Supply
Who is it best for?
Companies wanting a web-based fingerprint time clock system, but don't want monthly fees. For those needing multiple clocks, you may need IT networking assistance.
How do employees clock in?
Employees place their registered finger on the sensor. When the punch is successful, it plays an audio confirmation. The B600 also has a backup camera to record any moment a fingerprint is unreadable.
How does it help prepare payroll?
The TotalPass web-based software will summarize all employee hours. It will also lets you export data formatted for several payroll types including Paychex Flex & Preview, QuickBooks (Online and Desktop), ADP Workforce Now, and others.
What are the features?
- Simple Setup. No software to Install
- Hassle-free setup eliminates the need for IT support
- Self-enrollment makes it easy for employees to get started without help
- Instantly detects your Wi-Fi network so you can connect fast
- Customized email alerts – approaching overtime, punch notifications, backup reminders
- Productivity tracking – tips, job numbers, piece counts
- Benefit tracking – benefit accruals, custom overtime multipliers, revision zones
- Automatic backups to protect data
- Works for onsite and mobile employees
- Multiple entry options: fingerprint, PIN, RFID proximity badge, or web punch
- Grows with your business – connect up to 32 clocks for up to 500 employees
- Backup camera provides fail-safe way to verify employee identity
How does it compare?
|Employees||100 (up to 500)||50 (up to 500)||25 (up to 250)|
How much is support?
Icon Time offers free 30-day support with each new purchase. After 30 days, they will require an annual support contract. We recommend you purchase their annual support plan within those 30 days... unless you are absolutely confident you won't need it.
- $180/year for each clock. Support includes the following...
- Time clock replacement or repair
- Unlimited telephone and email support
- Remote login assistance and troubleshooting
- Software updates
Support can be reached by phone Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific at 800-847-2232 option 1, or by email at [email protected]
You can always get free support tips from their site: icontime.com/support.
IconTime B600 Employee Time Clock
The Icon Time TotalPass B600 is a good choice if you want a web-based, fingerprint time clock with no monthly fees. It includes a quality terminal, with proven software with free 30-day support.
Best used for clean, dry locations needing biometric time and attendance.
- Fingerprint terminal. Fast, easy, and secure
- No monthly payments for software
- Proven web-based software that covers most situations
- Requires special networking for multiple locations
- High support charges